Micro bead hair extensions are a popular choice for those looking to add length and volume to their hair. If you’re considering micro bead hair extensions, it’s important to know how to care for them properly.
In this blog post, we’ll share some tips on how to care for your micro bead hair extensions.
How to care for micro bead hair extensions
- Micro bead hair extensions are a great way to add length and volume to your hair.
- They are easy to care for and can last for up to 6 months with proper care.
- To wash your micro bead hair extensions, use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner. Gently massage the shampoo into your scalp and rinse thoroughly.
- Condition your hair extensions after every shampoo. Use a generous amount of conditioner and leave it on for 3-5 minutes before rinsing.
- To style your micro bead hair extensions, use a wide-tooth comb and start from the bottom up. Avoid using heat styling tools as this can damage the hair.
- To remove your micro bead hair extensions, visit a professional stylist. They will carefully remove the beads and extensions without damaging your natural hair.
Caring for micro bead hair extensions: A personal case study
I had micro bead hair extensions for about 6 months and here is what I did to take care of them.
I washed my hair every 3 days with Love Beauty And Planet shampoo (my personal choice) and made sure to avoid products with sulfates.
I also used Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine leave-in conditioner (my favorite) and detangled my hair with a wide-tooth comb before putting it up in a bun or braid at night.
Every 2 weeks, I would get the beads tightened and the extensions brushed out.
At the end of 6 months, I had the extensions removed and my natural hair was really in good condition!
5 mistakes to avoid while caring for micro bead hair extensions
These are the things you should be careful about while caring for your micro bead hair extensions. These can damage both the extensions and your natural hair
- Avoid using heat styling tools on your micro bead hair extensions.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals or products on your micro bead hair extensions.
- Avoid sleeping with your micro bead hair extensions.
- Be careful getting your micro bead hair extensions wet.
- Avoid brushing your micro bead hair extensions too harshly.
Questions you may have on your mind about micro bead hair extensions
You may have a few more questions on your mind about micro bead hair extensions and taking care of them.
How do I brush my micro bead hair extensions?
To brush your micro bead hair extensions, start at the bottom and work your way up. Gently detangle with a wide-toothed comb or your fingers. Be extra careful near the roots to avoid tugging or pulling.
How often should I wash my microbead hair extensions?
You should wash your micro bead hair extensions every 2-3 weeks, or as needed. Avoid washing them too often, as this can strip away the natural oils that keep them healthy and looking their best.
How do I remove my micro bead hair extensions?
To remove your micro bead hair extensions, start by dissolving the bonds with a bond dissolver. Once the bonds are dissolved, gently pull the extensions out.
How long do micro bead extensions last?
Micro bead extensions can last for several months, but it is best to have them professionally removed every 2-3 months.
How many micro bead extensions do I need?
The number of micro bead extensions you need will depend on the look you are going for and the thickness of your natural hair. A good rule of thumb is to get 1-2 extensions per ounce of hair.
Micro bead extensions before and after
Before getting micro bead extensions, it is important to consult with a professional to ensure that they are a good option for you. After getting micro bead extensions, be sure to follow the care instructions to keep them looking their best.